Friday, February 12, 2010

November-December 2009

A couple of weeks ago I finally downloaded all 759 pictures that were on our camera from the last couple of months. I picked several to post that shows a little of what we have been up to.


My Dad has several pecan trees and my children got to experience falling leaves and raking leaves. They had fun with it. These pictures are from two different occasions.















Piano Recital!





For Young Women in Excellence Kalia and two of her friends decided to make dresses. One of the friends Mom was the lucky and very kind one that helped them make them. Here's her gorgeous dress! Great job.





One night for fun we had our children outside playing the game were you hold a bat with it touching the ground on one end and your forehead on the other. You then spin around several times then drop the bat and try to run in a straight line. It is the most hilarious thing you'll ever see. They were loving it and did it several times. Once they stopped and came in the house they were overcome with motion sickness. Parker and Alani were affected the most. They laid in misery on the floor and couch for awhile then went straight to bed.




On Thanksgiving day Pima had a 5k and a 1 mile fun run. My sisters did the 5k (I was on the sideline with my knee) and Kaleb and several of his cousins decided to do the fun run. Kaleb ran the whole mile and had energy to spare when he got back.








We had Thanksgiving at Kanani's house with Lehua, Kuliana, and one of Kanani's in-laws family. Kanani, Lehua, Kuliana and myself left at 5:00 that night to head to Mesa for Black Friday. Our first stop upon arrival was to watch "New Moon" which none of us had seen. It was definitely better then the first one.


We then stayed up until 12:30 and decided to head out at 2:30 to start the madness. Madness it was, Kuliana about got mauled at Wal-Mart trying to get the rest of us some Nintendo DS's, she wasn't even getting one for herself. She did give up and we headed to a much calmer Wal-Mart up the rode and still were able to get some. We shopped all day and then headed back home about 5:00. Not much sleep and traveling is never fun. We took my car and I ended up driving from the beginning to the end. The last leg of the trip we had the radio cranked and us singing at the top of our lungs to stay awake. Good times, great memories.



The first weekend in December Eric headed out with his buddies from Yuma for their annual Motorcycle run from Yuma to Las Vegas. This would be number 5. He decided to go with the biker look and grew some facial hair. For a week and half the beard was full then the night before the ride he shaved it to look like this. He does look pretty sexy, but I was glad when it went, I prefer kissing a clean shaven face!




Alani has been in dance since June of 2009. She LOVES it and is quite the little dance.





We had a Blair family Christmas party. There was food and of course the White Elephant game for the kids. We all had a great time and it was even better to see everyone.




I had every intention to send out Christmas cards for the first time ever. Before I knew it, it was almost Christmas, I had Eric snap these pictures the Sunday before Christmas and I was going to get New Year cards out. Well, that never happened either!!






Christmas Eve at the Natividad's. Tradition is to go to Pizza Hut, then Caroling, then act out the Nativity, then to bed to wait for Santa. We were saddened to not have my Mom since all these traditions were started by her. My Aunt Leora-Mom's best friend decided to stay in town (her family always joined in) so we were very excited to have her and some of her family. We had a great time as always!




Opening Pajama's on Christmas Eve.





Our Christmas Eve celebration started early this year at 3:00. Starting so early we were done with everything and home around 6:00. At almost 7:00 this was what Eric was doing.





Christmas Morning!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Im so glad you updated! We've been wondering how you've been.
your Christmas/new years card pictures are very cute! Kalias dress looks fantastic and so cute on her! Alani is looking so grown up, and how awesome Kaleb is for running the fun run!
I gotta tell you, the night of the ward Christmas party I had an enormous headache and took some advil, so when I saw Eric there and not you or the kids I honestly thought I was hallucinating. Daniel later informed me that it was indeed Eric, but I didnt get a chance to say hi and ask about you as I thought he was a figment of my drug induced imagination. anyway- Im glad you guys had a good Holiday season!

Tina said...

Malia! Wow, when you finally post, you really post. I tried to take it all in, but I will probably have to come back.

The portion of your 759 pictures you decided to share are great!

Sabra said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting! You made my late night!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

LOVE all your pics and the update! Ya'll are all beautiful and looking well!