Monday, December 7, 2009

SpOrTs

Sports are never ending around our household. When one season ends another begins. Sometimes it's all 4 children involved and sometimes it's just one. Hayden's to young, thank goodness. Here's what sports we have been involved in since August.

Kalia is in school sports this year. She began the school year and the season with Volleyball. It was fun and frustrating to watch all at the same time. My inner competitiveness of playing so many years was trying to break out while I tried to suppress it. She did great and is coming along. The team did ok, they won some and lost some. I'm excited for next year and High School play, I know that she will get better and more instruction. I can see the volleyball star in her just trying to break out!



Volleyball ended in October. She had a couple of weeks off and then Basketball started. They have only played a couple of games and are getting better each time. She absolutely loves Volleyball but when basketball started she was excited to remember how fun it was. She had played in the city leagues for the 4th-6th graders in Yuma but had forgotten how much she enjoyed it. Eric has been teaching her a couple of moves and she does a great job. It's fun to see her progression and talent coming out.

Eric, Parker, Alani and Kaleb were involved in Soccer from September to November. Parker was a rock star and a great asset to his team. He even played goalie part time for the first time. His coach would put him in as goalie when they played a harder team. Hardly any balls would get past him. They won many games because of the amount of shots he stopped. He was chosen to play on the All-Star game at the end of the season. His team won!



Eric coached Alani & Kaleb's team. They did AWESOME! He got a team with the most amount of girls and more of the younger players and did an incredible job with them. They lost only 2 games and tied for first with the amount of losses. He had some talent on his team but his coaching made them all great. He would make up games and drills at practice that tailored to 7-9 year olds. All the kids LOVED practice and were always sad when it ended. At the end of the season they had an All Star game. The top 2 couches got to coach and Eric was one of them. They practiced for a week and then played. Eric's team won and he was thrilled.



Kaleb wasn't afraid of anything. He was one of the younger ones. He would get right in there and take charge. He made many goals and could hang with the 9 yr old boys.



Alani was fast and great on defense. She would chase the ball and opponent down the field and stop them with ease. She too made a couple of goals and loved every moment of it.



Our next adventure that is starting is Bantam Basketball for Parker and Eric. It's Basketball for the 5th & 6th graders. Eric was hired as the director and will run the whole thing. Parker will play. Our Saturdays are gone from now until March.
As for me I'm the cheerleader and biggest supporter for all my children and husband. I'm excited that Eric has been able to have so much involvement with our children the last several months. He's gone so many years without being able to be involved and barely making it to a game or two. He'll keep doing it as long as he can.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I don't think the sports ever end! But I'd much rather watch my kids than any pro sports any day! How awesome for Kalia to play school basketball - I remember playing on our YW team & it was the best!! Remember our co-ed volleyball team too? Good times!

Kimmy said...

Oh my heavens- they all look soo much older in these pictures!
Way to go to your awesome kids! I am envious of all the athletic talent. We are sorely lacking any in this household. ;)

Kristen said...

Yeah Sports! I know how you feel, with Saturdays being gone. You learn to just keep your car packed with bottled water, crackers, blanket, and chairs..ALL THE TIME! I mean why take that stuff out, when you have games, practices, scrimmages! It's truly never ending! Nice job on the coaching soccer Eric!

UMM - need your address!

Tina said...

I laughed when I read your words about your "inner competitiveness." Inner? I remember watching our girls play together. It wasn't "inner." ;) I always loved your enthusiasm. I know your kids come by their sports talent and enthusiasm genetically.

They all look so grown up. I'm glad they are doing well.

Brenda said...

Cute pictures! Way to go with all the great sports!

Merry Christmas! We miss you!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

It sounds like ya'll are having waaaay toooo much fun in the Gila Valley! The kids all look adorable!

And you knee?? I hope that you are doing better! Who did your surgery and PT there? I hope you are close to back to normal soon!