Today is Twilight day. Tonight at 10pm the Twilight frenzy begins. Kalia and I are going to the Premiere along with a tailgate party with trivia, contests, and prizes. Two great friends of mine rented an entire auditorium and invited 200 people to attend. The bonus of this, someway or another you're going to know everyone in there even if it's through someone else. And there won't be a million giddy teenagers being obnoxious.
I am excited to take Kalia. She has read the series 3 times and I have become the best Mom in the world who she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, because I'm taking her on opening night. She screams at the end of the trailor on TV every time it comes on. We even bought her a Twilight shirt (I never thought I'd buy a movie shirt).
Although I'm excited to take her I'm a little apprehensive about seeing the movie myself. Not because I don't want to see it but because of a couple of weird thoughts in my head.
The first is when you read books you have your own vision of everything in your head. To me Edward, Rosalie, Alice (all the vampires) are drop dead gorgeous and perfect. Who can live up to that in real life?(Besides Eric*) I was quite disturbed when the trailors first came out because the cast was far from what I expected. The actors have grown on me and I'm not so disappointed anymore. Edward and Bella will forever be these two actors now.
The second reason. For some reason or another these books bring you in and it becomes an addiction. I've been Twilight free since about 4 days after I read the last book. That would make it about 3 1/2 months. Each time it took me 3-4 days to get it out of my system. I would go to Stephanie Myers official site and read her Frequently Asked Questions. She always seemed to satisfy my curiosity or questions I had in my head. Then I would have to put the whole thing to rest. I haven't even read the Midnight Sun version because I know it is incredible but doesn't have an ending. I think it would drive me crazy to not have an ending. I can say I'm deeply disappointed because I did read the first chapter when it first came out and loved it more than the original series.
Now that I've gone on forever it's time for me to stop. In trying not to become obsessed again I've found it's too late, it's already been on my mind for a week and I was up one night at 3:00am thinking about it. The addiction has began. I'll probably be reading the series again after tonight!
*Comment added by Eric...
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are the best mom ever!! I never knew you were such a true "twihard"!! Me & my friend Sarah are also going to the midnight show tonight along with some of her family - I'm so excited!! I know what you mean about the characters though - I'm afraid it will all be different than I've pictured it. I hope it doesn't end up like a made for TV movie or something!! I also love the comment Eric added in - he could always dress up like Edward next Halloween!! :)
Eric cracks me up. So funny.
I completely agree with the comparison of the characters/ actors. I pictured them sooo differently. Hopefully they embody the characters enough to pull it off. We shall see.
I still didn't get used to the movie versions of Rosalie and Jasper. I didn't like Edward at first either, but he grew on me a little. I couldn't get passed the fact that Jacob is Shark Boy. (Since Riley is obsessed with that.)
I liked reading Midnight Sun, and the fact that it doesn't end isn't terrible, because it IS the story of Twilight, so you do know what happens.
Post a Comment