Here is a picture of our temporary home. It feels very natural to be here and strange all at the same time. I almost feel like I'm on an over extended vacation. You would think that because it's a very small town that I would know everyone and they would know me. Not so! There are many new faces in this town. Since I left over 15 years ago!

I didn't miss a beat with enrolling my children into school. We pulled out of Yuma on Saturday and Parker, Alani and Kaleb were in school on Monday. Kalia didn't get to start school until Tuesday due to the Jr. High wanting transcripts before she could start. They were all very nervous but blended right in. Before we moved the thing I worried about the most was the effect this move would have on them. My worrying was for nothing. They love it here. I believe what made it so easy was the fact they have cousins here and they love to hang out with them. I have even heard them say, "I like it more here then I did in Yuma." I didn't think that was possible but I was very pleased since we are here now.


My parents home is in a prime location. They are able to walk to school, walk to scouts, walk to activity days, walk to Young Womens, and walk home from church. They enjoy the freedom and I love not being in the car all day long. The location is also great for all the neighborhood children. Everyday we have many kids running around outside playing basketball, capture the flag, riding bikes, scooters, waveboards, etc. My children have turned into the outdoor type. I LOVE IT!!! All the electronics that once ruled our home no longer do. The only thing they are really interested in is checking their emails. They like to hear from their friends in Yuma.
I didn't miss a beat with enrolling my children into school. We pulled out of Yuma on Saturday and Parker, Alani and Kaleb were in school on Monday. Kalia didn't get to start school until Tuesday due to the Jr. High wanting transcripts before she could start. They were all very nervous but blended right in. Before we moved the thing I worried about the most was the effect this move would have on them. My worrying was for nothing. They love it here. I believe what made it so easy was the fact they have cousins here and they love to hang out with them. I have even heard them say, "I like it more here then I did in Yuma." I didn't think that was possible but I was very pleased since we are here now.
My parents home is in a prime location. They are able to walk to school, walk to scouts, walk to activity days, walk to Young Womens, and walk home from church. They enjoy the freedom and I love not being in the car all day long. The location is also great for all the neighborhood children. Everyday we have many kids running around outside playing basketball, capture the flag, riding bikes, scooters, waveboards, etc. My children have turned into the outdoor type. I LOVE IT!!! All the electronics that once ruled our home no longer do. The only thing they are really interested in is checking their emails. They like to hear from their friends in Yuma.
As for Eric and I we are doing well. Life hasn't been calm for Eric yet either. He has been down to Yuma every weekend plus a weekday trip since we left. The first weekend he had a gig with his band.
The second week Eric and I went on a motorcycle ride with the Halls. (Pictures on a post to follow.)
The third week he had another gig. Then a few days after that he went back to have one last thing fixed on the house.
Our home in Yuma is finally on the market and up for sale. All the cleaning, patches, and touch up has been done. Each trip that was made consisted of packing, cleaning, and doing touch up. I do want to say how grateful I am for the lovely ladies in Yuma who made my life so much easier and eased some major stress with helping to clean my home! I will be forever eternally grateful for all the service that was rendered to me. It was hard to say yes I need the help and was so happy for all those who responded and came over. I was touched with all your love and support. I also have to say thank you for the meals that I received during my last moments in Yuma. I can never say that I didn't feel loved there!

7 comments:
Small town life seems to agree with you. I often wish for that. It must be nice to be closer to your family as well. Maybe we will see you next time we are up for a visit!
WOW! I wish I wasn't in the car so much! Lucky you! Kevin got me a vanity license plate-NEUSTXI ! Because it's true! I'm so glad the kids made the transition well. Isn't that the biggest worry really? Is that the house you grew up in? How is Eric's work situation? We pray and think of you often. Hope to see you soon.
Malia! Thank you for your past posts, it is a lot of what i needed to hear. I am so glad that you guys are well and the kids are doing great. I am a BIG small town fan and am happy to be in the middle of nowhere again. Your good attitude has made me even more determined to be better than i have been in our situation! Thanks!
Sending our love!
Brie and family
Glad to hear you guys are doing well and the kids are adjusting so well.
We sure miss you guys.
Hi Malia! I didn't get to say goodbye to you, but we miss your family. Glad you are settling in well.
Hi Malia!
Great to hear from you! I think "small town" life is great!
It's so great to see your kids fall into a schedule they love!
I love and miss my small home town!
I love and miss the simplicity! We also played outside all day long!
Your kids are making some great memories!
We all miss your family! It is so strange driving by your house with the "For Sale" sign up!
Malia, I told you awhile back that I was slow at catching up on posts these days, but wow...this is REALLY slow.
I am really glad this has been a natural move for your family. What a bonus, when it has been a hard time.
We miss your family!
I'm going to take a few minutes now and really catch up with you here :)
Post a Comment